Whether you’re an experienced brake metal buyer or just need a piece or two every once in a while, it’s easy to miss important details. We always want to get your order right, and in over 50 years in business, we’ve learned where most problems with brake metal quotes occur. To help us get your brake metal quote as quickly and accurately as possible, we’ve come up with these
6 Quick Tips for Better Brake Metal Quotes.
2. Understand typical stock sizes. Stock sizes can impact how you place your order. We keep plenty of stock on our floor so we can turn your order around fast. Standard stock material includes 8’, 10’ and 12’ lengths, so we can custom fabricate to your exact specs quickly in any length you need, up to and including 144”. That covers almost every typical job, but we can also help you with longer lengths when you need them. Just let us know.
3. Leg sizes have limits. Remember that on longer lengths of 10’ or more, pieces with multiple legs/sides/faces over 7” can be an issue for your fastest turnaround. But we can meet your specs for almost any size and shape piece of brake metal you need. (For example, a piece 11’-0” long with a 14-1/2” leg and an 8-7/8” leg might need a seamless weld, or be segmented or modified into multiple pieces. Bottom line, we can help you get the brake metal you need to suit your purpose. Just give us a call!)
4. Specify your metal. Brake metal comes in many types, gauges/thicknesses and finishes, so you need to be specific. Not sure? Give us a call, tell us the application you need it for, and we’ll help you make the best choice for your budget.
5. Is it an RFQ or an Order? Be sure to be specific if you’re sending a “request for a quote” or if you’re placing your order. We understand you need to do RFQ’s when you’re bidding jobs, and we’re happy to do them for you. Just let us know when you’re ready to place the order.
6. Use our Brake Metal Order Form. Our form is simple to use and has everything you need to provide so we can get you a fast, accurate quote. Download our Brake Metal Order Form now, or if you prefer, ask us for free pre-printed notepads of the form, and we’ll send you some.